- Responsible overseeing billing, follow-up and receipt of payments from clients done by Accounting Assistant.
- Discusses with concerned Account Executive regarding billing issues encountered to ensure prompt collection of payment.
- Responsible overseeing all Disbursements to Principals, Suppliers and Service Providers done by Accounting Assistant, and performs the following as necessary.
- Revises draft PO from Sales
- Reviews accuracy of PO versus BOM, supplier quotation, validates applicable taxes (VAT and Royalty Tax)
- Prepares bank telegraphic transfer forms Applies for remittance of funds in case of payment to foreign principals.
- Submits to President for Approval/Signature
- Purchases dollars for payment to foreign principals
- Prepares checks for disbursement
- Prepares CVs for President/GM Approval.
- Review and handles processing of Sales documentation (Deal Registration Form, Bill Of Material, Commissions, Contracts)
- Reviews and signs-off DRFs and BOMs
- Ensures completeness of required documentation before endorsement of approval to the President and General Manager
- Reviews Commission statements of Sales people before endorsement to the President and General Manager
- Reviews contracts with customers and service providers regarding terms and conditions. Identifies risk exposure and discusses these with the concerned employee and Management.
- Directly coordinates with foreign principals
- Confirms maintenance renewals to Partners coordinated with AEs
- Communicates with foreign suppliers regarding Tax treaty relief availment
- Requests documents required by BIR in relation to deals/transactions.
- Prepares all Compensation reports and Government Benefits Remittances.
- Processes mid-month, month-end and 13th month pay using company's HRIS and payroll system
- Responds to queries on payroll
- Conducts payroll related orientation to new hires and before regularization
- Processes Maternity Leave Pay
- Last Pay Computation and Payout
- Generates BIR form 2316 for employees year-end and for resigned.
- Prepares Annualization file in preparation for year-end reporting and regular tax of employees
- Provides annual reports on compensation to Management and dissemination to all EEs
- Prepares and processes SSS HDMF PHIC and BIR (1601C) remittance reports and endorses for President approval of Payment.
- Coordinates w Bank Representatives/Managers for company account maintenance; investments and completion of necessary documents related to the transactions.
- Obtains updated interest rates for potential additional placements
- Confirms rollover of short-term investments
- Monitors dollar exchange rate for USD requirement and investment
- Prepares and submits documentary requirements of account opening, updating, etc, signed by Authorized Signatories
- Supervision and review of uploaded/transmitted accounting documents to Outsourced Accountants
- Clarifies and defines how bookkeepers should handle transactions
- Oversees transmittal of accounting documents to external bookkeepers for recording and does transmittal of payroll related documents/entries.
- Communicates errors and mis posting to books, pre and post FS reporting
- Checks and validates FS reports submitted by bookkeepers versus source documents.
- Defines new accounting treatment of transactions for implementation and recording as confirmed by Management.
- Handles tax and other accounting related referrals to Lawyers and Auditors
- Handles BIR assessments, prepares all schedules, makes reconciliation to support NIC/PAN/FAN
- Does BIR Recon as needed for assessments and consulted with the Lawyers
- Coordinates legal documentation and responses to BIR thru Lawyers
- Monitors referrals to lawyers made by Accounting (Special projects e.g. Royalty taxes, Stock Transfers
e. Prepares all documentary requirements for submission to BIR (for BIR assessments)
- Coordinates interim and annual audit of books for yearend financial statements.
Periodic Job Duties:
- Government Mandated Reports
- Prepares and processes
- SSS Contributions/loans remittance form and bank receipt HDMF contributions/loans remittance form and bank receipt
- PHIC Contributions remittance form and bank receipt
- BIR form 1601C (Withheld taxes on Compensation)
- BIR 1604CF (Annual report of withheld taxes on compensation)
- Alpha list to be submitted to BIR in a CD with EE 2316 soft cop
For Review and Payment Processing
- BIR 1600, Withholding VAT (for foreign transactions)
- BIR 1601E, Expanded Withholding tax EWT (for all local purchases)
- BIR 1601F Final Withholding Tax FWT (for foreign purchases)
- BIR 2550M/Q Value Added Tax, 12% (Output for Sales minus Input tax for Purchases)
- BIR 1603 Fringe Benefits Tax (for Supervisory employees)
- BIR 1702Q Income Tax Return (Based on Revenues, net income)
- BIR 1702 Annual income tax return (based on Audited FS)
- BIR 0605 Annual Registration Form
- Accounting Books of Accounts (Sales, Purchases, General Journal, General Ledger) Submits to BIR in a CD
- Other Reports
- Weekly Cash position report
- Update AP and AR schedule for the week
- Presents F/S to Mancom
- Responsible for ensuring that qualified commission payments are paid out as scheduled; reviews commission statements submitted by Sales personnel before endorsement to the GM.
- Other Job Duties:
- Attends in MPR and follows-up action to be done by the Sales people (Sales TO DO) including outstanding AR for action.
- Coordination with HR Officer regarding results of Physical Asset Inventory and implementing the necessary adjustment in Lapsing schedule/InfoAsset data to be used for financial statement.
- Undertakes special projects related to accounting as may be assigned.
- Meets with Bank reps re: investments and transactions
- Completed requirements for tax clearance for Philgeps
- Releases per diem for foreign travel
- Preparation of Certificate of contribution to Philhealth
- Validates all scanned and indexed documents (DRF Scanning and Report Generation Project)
- Facilitates Budget planning - endorses budget for president approval
- Documents yearly incentive plan for Sales and other departments, and other accounting procedures for implementation
- Education Level : Bachelor’s Degree/College Degree
- Field of Studies : Accountancy or equivalent
- Experience : Minimum of 5 years experienced in a similar or subordinate jobs
- Qualifications :
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Proficient in MS Excel
- IT industry experience is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.