Assistant Crewing Manager
- Position is responsible for managing client (principal & crew) relationships, as well as developing new business from existing customers, through the delivery of a positive customer experience.
- Performs other functions or participates in ad-hoc projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Function will report to the Fleet Head/Manager for Crewing Operations and will directly supervise Marine Personnel, Documentation Personnel, encoder (if applicable, in close coordination with Recruitment, Documentation, FCR, Legal/ Claims, Training.
- Monitors crewing activities to ensure that section expenses are in accordance with approved budget.
- Prepare forward planning, action plans and management reports;
- Prepare POEA documentation for position/vessel/principal accreditation (new/renewal/amendment);
- Coordinate/Request COC (Certificate of Cover) with Principal;
- Prepare and send budget proposal for existing principal;
- Regularly communicate with principal for updates and concerns (if any);
- Attend to principal, crew and allotees complaints/ concerns;
- Establish and maintain meaningful business relationships with both internal and external customers to facilitate effective and efficient delivery of services.
- Provides relevant ideas and needed support that will result to business development, revenue generation, cost-savings or customer retention.
- Monitor and implement crew embarkation through processing of pre-deployment requirements
- Monitor deliverables of third party providers (peme, training, travel, crew gears)
- Monitor on-time updating/encoding of crew documents in the system
- Regularly updates Crewing Manager and Principal (if applicable) the status of the crew
- Response to Principal concerns within 24 hours.
- Disseminates relevant information regarding crewing policies and procedures to all concerned persons.
- Manifests the PTC Corporate Values in all daily engagements.
- Takes an active role in group activities and/or team projects (ad-hoc or otherwise) to ensure meeting department goals and objectives.
- Maintains harmonious and professional working relationship within the department and with other members of the organization through participation and contribution to team activities and processes.
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and honesty in all dealings with both internal and external partners / customers.
- Complies with government legislation and company policies, and ensures staff compliance with the same.
- Attends relevant training programs and developmental activities, as planned, ensuring completeness of 32 training hours per year
- Participates in the corporate social responsibility project of the company as its contribution to sustainability.
- Participates in the creation of the Individual Development Plan and executes application of learning for career development.
- Disciplines staff for non-observance of company policies and ethical practices.
- Performs other HR line functions (hiring, coaching, firing, goal-setting, delegating, etc.
- Regularly conducts a one-on-one dialogue or section meeting with staff to address company / department / function-related issues, concerns and expectations.
- Undertakes and monitors training, development, coaching and motivating of direct reports with the objective of developing a competent and viable team.
- Requires advanced knowledge of theories and best practices within a functional area acquired from 5-7 years work experience
- Experience in crew management, specifically for cruise ships
- Can communicate well with different departments
- Keen to details
- Can manage a team of crewing assistants
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.