Business Development Associate
- Process inbound demand responses (e.g. inbound calls, chats, form fills) from buying groups that are generated, activated or nurtured by marketing, and qualify potential opportunities for the sales organization to pursue.
- Use established criteria to qualify demand from buying groups for potential opportunities before passing it to inside reps, field territory reps or channel partners.
- Discover, validate and reach out to additional personas typically involved in a buying decision to identify possible buying groups for field sales.
- Nurture predetermined groups of prospects for field or channel sales by using multiple touch tactics (e.g. telephone, email, social) to foster meaningful interactions and determine the level of interest for potential opportunities.
- Provide product information to prospects.
- Comply with all demand-management- related service-level agreements.
- Provide weekly forecasts to marketing and sales on the volume of demand expected to reach the qualified demand stage.
- Pursue meaningful and productive conversations with individuals representing the buyer personas targeted by the organization.
- Track and manage qualification and nurture activities in the company’s sales force automation (SFA) system.
Education & Language
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- English fluency required.
- Multi-lingual candidates valued.
- One year of prospecting and/or experience interfacing with customers.
- Experience in an industry with a significant volume of customer/prospect interaction.
- B2B experience selling a similar type of offering into a similar type of market.
- Familiarity with MAPs and SFA systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities.
- Ability to articulate a reasonable value proposition on every call.
- Ability to perform prospect and account research to prepare for calls.
- Ability to use existing and emerging social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and buying groups and identify trigger events for follow-up.
- Discipline and energy to maintain high-activity volumes (e.g. a minimum of 20 activities, calls, emails, research, etc.).
- Comfort with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances.
- Natural curiosity to motivate engagement with others; comfortable asking open-ended questions.
- Confidence despite a potential lack of knowledge or seniority compared to the prospect.
- Competitive and motivated.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to achieve goals.
- Team player who is coachable and eager to learn.
- Desire to continue learning, whether to advance a career in inside sales or transition to field sales.
- Telephone selling techniques.
- Auto-dialer technologies.
- Social media usage and social selling techniques.
- SFA systems/best practices.
- Common demand management processes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.