Quality Assurance Engineer
- Design functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validate Functionality.
- Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and
technical soundness and decompose them to extract positive and negative test
scenarios and strong acceptance criteria.
- Detect, report, and track software defects.
- Execute all levels of testing including but not limited to: System, Integration; Component Level Regression.
- Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify that releases meet quality standards before launch.
- Apply Quality Engineering principles throughout the agile product lifecycle to identify defects and design flaws.
- Collaborate with the development team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met.
- Profile manual acceptance criteria and test cases and evaluate automation opportunities.
- Create and maintain reusable components, functions and libraries to reduce maintenance costs, increase efficiency and scalability.
- Experienced in test result evaluation, reporting and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and innovate in a small team with a fast-paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical needs.
- Experience in Acceptance Testing and how it applies to Agile Testing.
- Experience in API Testing.
- Experience in Test Automation.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, JIRA
- Strong Knowledge on web application architectures
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum, Kanban, or Lean software development practices is a plus
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, goal orientated, and self-directed
- Must love challenges and problem-solving
- BS Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems
- 3 - 4 or more years of experience in the related field
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.