Sr. Perl Developer
- You will manage the full life cycle of software projects from small to large.
- This will include consultation with the business, and the design, development, and testing of code.
- There will be a mix of new projects, refactoring of legacy code, and bug fixing.
- As our readership grows and revenue streams change, there is a steady flow of work.
- You will ensure that our website remains performant and that our journalists have the tools they need.
- We need your help in keeping the business profitable whilst ensuring that we can provide great free content to our readers.
- Applicants must be a PERMANENT RESIDENT in the Philippines
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Excellent reading comprehension and attention to detail.
- The legal right to work with us from your country of residence.
- Experience writing high quality Perl.
- Experience with SQL and ORMs such as DBIx::Class.
- Great Linux experience (we use Debian stable).
- Excellent knowledge of SSH, bash & sh, pipes, common UNIX tools, and the UNIX way.
- Good familiarity with version control software such as Git.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Remote work from: Philippines