CSC Gives Appreciation to Frontliners in the 2021 Outstanding Government Workers Awards
COVID-19 frontline workers such as medical frontliners, laboratory experts, teachers, and agriculturists will be recognized online by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) in the 2021 Outstanding Government Workers award.
The awardees for this year were mostly individuals and groups from the medical field, along with those from the education and agriculture sectors.
Leading the awardees of the Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award is Director of the University of the Philippines-Philippine General Hospital, Dr. Gerardo Legaspi, for urging the digitalization of PGH’s system as well as leading the crisis team during the COVID-19 pandemic while protecting the welfare of both medical and non-medical staff.
Others that will also be receiving the Presidential Lingkod Bayan award are the following individuals:
- Retired Philippine National Police chief Gen. Guillermo Eleazar
- Researcher II/Scientist I Nelly Siababa Aggangan of the National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, of UP Los Baños
- Deputy Executive Director IV Flordeliza Hidalgo Bordey of the Philippine Rice Research Institute
- Director III Rey Mancera Cueva of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, Agusan del Norte
- Agricultural Center Chief II/Scientist I Angel Balisi Encarnacion of the Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources in Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Executive Director IV Dr. Rose Marie Rosete Liquete of the National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI), Quezon City
- The Hope Behind Bars Project of the Bataan Peninsula State University
- Outpatient Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Center of the Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center.
The NKTI COVID-19 crisis management team will be receiving the CSC Pagasa award as it proactively and innovatively responded to providing medical treatment to those infected by the virus.
In addition, the NKTI is also merited in administering hemoperfusion as a treatment for those severely infected by the virus which gives a lower mortality rate by 32% and increases the survival rate by about 54%.
Other individuals included in the CSC Pagasa Award are:
- Professor VI Ambrose Hans Guiyab Aggabao of Isabela State University
- Supervising Science Research Specialist/Scientist I Dr. Ester Battad Flores of the Philippine Carabao Center
- Supervising Tourism Operations Officer Carmel Bonifacio Garcia of the Catanduanes provincial government
- Master Teacher I Hadjuria Cornelio Gonzales of Tagabakid Elementary School in Mati City, Davao Oriental
- Jobscouts: Pathfinders of Employment Opportunities of the City Government of Tagum, Davao del Norte, and Technology Commercialization Team of the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development, Department of Science and Technology in Los Baños, Laguna.
Medical technologist Lucia Jacinta Benter is one of the awardees of the Dangal ng Bayan award for securing effective COVID-19 management in Benguet by extensive swabbing and contact tracing.
Along with Benter the following individuals will also be receiving the Dangal ng Bayan award:
- Administrative Aide I John Laumoc Alcazarin of the municipal government of Numancia, Aklan
- Administrative Aide VI Anthony Durante Atas of Commission on Audit-Regional Office I, San Fernando City, La Union
- Instructor I Don Sean Arvie Valenzuela Buencamino of Aurora State College of Technology in Baler, Aurora
- Master Teacher I Ma. Theresa Hermoso Criste of the Department of Education Schools Division of Cavite
- Medical Specialist III Dr. Jose Jonas Diño del Rosario of UP PGH; Teacher II Sherwyne Tubal Manlangit of Cagraray Elementary School in Bato, Catanduanes
- Administrative Aide III Aquilino Ronquillo Mapili Jr. of the municipal government of San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
- Education Program Specialist II Markson Bosquillos Mejia of DepEd-Schools Division of Sorsogon City,
- Head Teacher III Analyn Climaco Perez of Dina-ut Elementary School in Altavas, Aklan
The CSC mentioned that the awardees will be receiving a gold medal created by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, a cash prize, and a plaque signed by President Duterte.