DOF Releases Qualifications for SBWS Program Application in the Philippines
The Department of Finance (DOF) has released the qualifications and requirements for Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) Program applications. The Social Security System (SSS), under the SBWS, shall provide a wage subsidy of P5,000 to 8,000 pesos per month for each employee of eligible small businesses.
SSS will accept applications from APRIL 16-30, 2020*
*Recent DOF update: Extended deadline until May 08, 2020
FIRST TRANCHE OF PAYOUT
MAY 1-15, 2020
SECOND TRANCHE OF PAYOUT
MAY 16-31, 2020*
(*schedule may change depending on the actual duration of the ECQ)
ELIGIBILITY FOR EMPLOYERS
- Size of Business – The small business must not be in the BIR’s Large Taxpayer Service (LTS) list.
- Impact of the ECQ – Small businesses that were:
- Forced to stop operations;
- Forced to operate in a skeletal workforce with unworked and unpaid employees during the ECQ; and/or
- Located in an area under quarantine by the LGU.
ELIGIBILITY FOR EMPLOYEES
- Must be working in an eligible small business
- Must be actively employed as of March 1 but unworked during the ECQ period
- Unpaid for at least two (2) weeks during temporary closure or suspension of work
- Can be of any contract status
- Must be certified by the employer in the application
- Small businesses must maintain the employment status of all their eligible employees before the ECQ and throughout the SBWS period.
- Employees cannot resign during the ECQ period.
SALARY SUBSIDY AMOUNT