3 Work Trends to Ensure Efficient Work Flow for Your Organization 2022
What this article will cover:
Lately, companies are actively adopting new work trends to help their businesses catch up with the demands brought about by the new normal. As the world ventures further into digitization, industries are taking advantage of technological and digital advancements to use them as a gateway towards a more enhanced and digitized process that will drive efficient workflow.
As an entrepreneur, developing new working habits and arrangements within your organization can significantly boost efficiency and convenience for your company and your clients. To help you, this article will talk about various work trends that will help create more streamlined ensure work operations for your organization in 2022.
1. Permanent Remote Work Arrangement
Work-from-home, hybrid, and remote work arrangements induced by the COVID-19 pandemic opened doors to new ways of working, pushing human resources (HR) managers and corporations to look at its effects and consider it a vital part of organizational development.
A survey by Gartner revealed that 74% of companies would want to permanently switch to a remote work setup after finding that remote employees have a higher productivity rate than those on-site. Moreover, companies found remote work setup to be more cost-effective than traditional methods.
There are various methods you can use when considering permanent remote work arrangements for your company. Here are ways to implement such methods while ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow:
Robust Communication Model
Remote employees are usually unable to collaborate with their team members personally. That said, it’s essential to establish a robust communication system between remote teams to achieve a successful workflow. Work topics such as performance and project updates must be communicated thoroughly to ensure the team’s productivity.
This can also help employees keep track of solo and multiple tasks to help build better rapport with their colleagues. Moreover, teams can utilize communication tools and platforms to assist them during work:
- Zoom. Video communication has been an essential part of the work culture. Zoom is a video-conferencing application that can make communicating with team members and clients easier and faster.
- Slack. Remote work needs to have frequent communication to help team members collaborate better. With Slack, employees can send messages and fast sending and access to documents.
- Microsoft Teams. Individuals working from home need a workspace where they can access several tools to help them collaborate better. Microsoft teams offer a variety of tools that can help with channels, chat, meetings, and more.
- Google Meet. With many workspace tools, Google launched google meet, a Google Workspace cloud collaboration tool that helps a better chat and video conferencing experience.
The following tools are a few of many examples that can help with continuous communication to secure a more inclusive and aligned work environment.
Maintain a Healthy Work-Life Balance
It is important to provide a healthy work-life balance to remote employees to avoid burnout and overwork. Placing clear boundaries between work and personal life must also be practiced and observed by colleagues and managers within your organization.
Here are a few ways to help your organization foster work-life balance:
- Provide small breaks
- Focus on your employee’s physical and mental health
- Be firm with login and logout times
- Provide time management seminars
- Provide room to allow employees to pursue hobbies and other passions
Setting up boundaries between remote employees is an essential component, allowing you to provide a meaningful working experience to your employees. Longer work hours will result in mental and physical exhaustion, leading to a low employee-retention rate. Practicing work-life balance is also beneficial for employees to have motivation and strength to deliver high-quality outputs.
Show Appreciation and Recognition
A key driver of maintaining good employee engagement and performance is to ensure that you are showing enough appreciation to your employees. This boost is also essential as it boosts morale and motivation to work, leading to increased productivity and quality of product output. Often, remote work can cause a disconnect between teams and managers.
Several types of recognition can be awarded to motivate employees further:
- Manager to employee recognition
- Public recognition
- Private Recognition
- Peer to peer recognition
- Anonymous recognition
Aside from providing motivation, recognition can also give a sense of purpose allowing employees to have a clearer outlook on their chosen career path. Doing so can also foster an exceptional work environment for everyone working inside the organization.
Moreover, working from home provides a more convenient workflow since employees can maximize their time by avoiding commuting in heavy traffic, which can cause physical exhaustion even before they start working.
2. Digital Spaces for Employees
Now that businesses are starting to utilize digital technology, remote working can be easily implemented as Artificial Technology (AI) software can help with several tasks. Aside from AIs, digital workspaces for employees are also readily available for use.
A digital workspace manages a company’s information technology (IT) assets, such as applications, data, and endpoints. It also provides employees easy access to digital properties from any device. Having a digital workspace provides benefits such as automated workflows, enhanced security, unified management, etc.
Apart from providing more accessible remote work for employees, digital workspaces are designed to help workers streamline their processes. Below are some of the benefits digital workspace brings to employees:
- Easier Collaboration. A digital workspace can help employees easily collaborate with their team members and clients, resulting in a more productive workflow. Providing access to digitized systems and streamlined workflows can help an entity maintain employee coordination.
- Systematic Workforce. Employees who work in a digitized workspace can gain access to different tools and applications that can help with removing digital friction that can affect productivity.
- Hastens Digital Transformation. Having employees work in a digitized workspace can bring faster market developments and customer interaction, resulting in high-performance teamwork and innovation. It also helps in speeding time-to-market processes.
By utilizing digital spaces, employees and employers could work efficiently whether they work separately or personally. As tools and applications developed to become more efficient, convenient, and intelligent, simple tasks can be automated by AIs, making employees work more on tasks that need human interaction.
3. Automated Workload
Nowadays, digital technology offers many ways of easing processes. With cloud storage and AIs accessible for company use, tasks can be automated to decrease small and simple employee workload. Companies are using several AI software to help them achieve an efficient workflow.
A survey from Gartner revealed that 55% of organizations’ redesign was eyeing revamping roles, supply chains, and workflows to increase efficiency. That said, automation helps employees focus more on tasks that need their attention. Below are some ways how automation helps employees work from home:
- Transparency and employee engagement. By automating workflows, it’s easier to make documents and operations accessible to team members. This improves the transparency among employees creating a more accountable and trustworthy working environment.
- Lesser working hours. Most employees work for more than 40 hours a week to fulfill their daily deliverables. Incorporating automation into work operations may help with tasks and reduce employees working hours.
- Improved security. Automating workflow can also enhance security. AIs can help lessen human error and monitor doubtful cyber activity to keep the company’s data safe from cyber-attacks.
Automation is a ticket to a more systematic work operation. Incorporating this technology can open more opportunities to help employees with their daily objectives. Moreover, with AIs doing easier tasks, employees can dedicate their attention to complex assignments and projects that need human interaction.
Work More Efficiently This 2022
Utilizing remote arrangements and digital technology can lead to more improved and efficient work operations. Maximizing the use of digital technologies, such as AI and digital workspaces, can be beneficial in ensuring a more convenient workflow.
Furthermore, as modern-day technology upgrade quickly, companies should take a look and learn the current working trends as this will benefit their company while giving their employees a good working environment.
If you are looking for ways on how your employees can have a more streamlined workflow, you can seek help from recruitment firms to help you create a more efficient and effective work environment.
Keep Up to Date with Current Trends to Perform Efficiently in 2022
With up-to-date employee management strategies, our team is dedicated to helping you achieve a comprehensive and efficient work environment for your organization.